Quarantine Renovation: Final Look
Posted May 29, 2020 by Prairie Wife - 1 comment
Final look…wow does it feel good to type those words out!
I have officially decided to stop saying “I’m not a DIY kind of girl” because as I created this post I saw that over the years I have 100% become a DIY girl.
From painting kitchen cabinets and a playroom renovation to redoing our master bedroom and bathroom I have turned into an HGTV and Pinterest inspired monster…just ask The Cowboy.
After a few weeks straight of being home during Quarantine Time, I started to think out loud to The Cowboy about a few changes I dreamed of making in our home.
Maybe it was the emotional breakdown I had a few days earlier, maybe he was feeling stir crazy too…but whatever it was, he agreed to help me remodel our main living area!
I’ve been calling it a renovation but, I don’t know if that’s the right word.
We didn’t paint the walls, or knock anything down…most of the changes had to do with furniture and editing what we had on the walls, or displayed on shelves.
But, holy cow did what we do make a difference!
I was going for a French Country/Farmhouse look on a budget.
I love bright colors and patterns, but I also realize that our home has 5 kids and I want people to feel comfortable when they come here.
The changes I made didn’t break the bank, and I picked items that could be easily washed and stand all the lumps and bumps that come with our big rowdy family (and two dogs and two cats).
We made a new dining room table that seats 10 and refinished the old chairs, you can find all those details here.
Below is a gallery of pictures with short explanations.
While these pictures are obviously of a recently cleaned home, I still left the stuff of our lives around (like papers on shelving, a covered refrigerator, and the basket of kitchen toys) because after all…this is a home to 5 children!
After the pictures, I made a list and created links to the places where I got certain items that you may want as well.
If you have any questions let me know in the comments and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can!
List and Links
- Velvet Couch: The exact couch is no longer available but was purchased from Overstock.com where they have a plethora of other fun colors and styles of velvet couches for you to choose from.
- Madison Park Charlie Grey Track Arm Club Chair: They had these chairs at both Overstock.com and Wayfair.com but in the end, there was a big sale at Overstock.com that made that the better place to buy them.
- Magnolia Manor Antique White Buffet and Hutch: I knew that I HAD to have this beauty and as I said before it was the highest-priced item in the renovation. That being said, I got a major deal on it ($300 off and free shipping) so it’s worth stopping back to the site a few times or waiting for a big sale if you want a high priced item like this.
- Floral Wreath: Custom created just for me (using pictures I sent her of the area) by local florist Kaylann Blackburn of Flower Gypsy Design.
- Floral Paintings on either side of hutch: These were custom made by a local artist and designer from BRush 44 Designs.
- Bohemian Chic Vintage Distressed Area Rug: This rug ties in all the colors from all three rooms, and already has a purposefully faded look so it works perfectly for a home with 5 kids (and 2 dogs and cats).
- Wyoming Pillow: This fun pillow came from a Wyoming Boutique located in Gillette called Magpie Designs.
- Large Wall Clock: Hobby Lobby
- Golden Knit Banket and Linen Table Cover are from Target.com
Is there something you’d like to know more about?!
Just let me know in the comments 🙂
Categories: For the Home, Prairie Wife Style
Tags: , dining room, farmhouse, farmhouse style, french country, home decor, home edit, home remodel, kitchen, quarantine renovation, seating area, shabby chic
Previous Post « Engage
Next Post 10 Reasons You Need To Hire A Licensed Professional To Do Your Makeup »
One thought on "Quarantine Renovation: Final Look"