Smashed Brussels Sprouts
Posted January 5, 2018 by Prairie Wife - 4 comments
Yeah…I know…a recipe?!
Are you guys in shock?
NOTE: This is the closest stock photo to my real cooking experiences with 5 kids that I could find. Obv I am not usually smiling…
I’m always trying new recipes I find on Pinterest and yet, I stopped regularly posting recipes on the blog over a year ago.
Wyo Sal has shared a few recipes on her guest posts, but it’s not really my fav thing to write/post.
Honestly, it’s basically because I suck at taking pictures of food and making them look great. Let’s face it there are also a ton of bloggers out there that CAN take great pictures and LOVE to do it. So I usually leave the food blogging up to them.
I posted a request on Facebook asking my readers to share what they’d like to see more of, and recipes were on the list.
So, here is the deal readers.
If you won’t be too harsh on my lack of picture taking skills (and my refusal to take the time to be better at it) then I’ll get back to posting recipes…DEAL?
I love Brussels Sprouts but I only had once recipe that all the family would eat. I came across this concept online and tweaked the recipe based on my family’s love of garlic and cheese. The Cowkids went back for thirds and even The Cowboy had seconds.
Smashed Brussel Sprouts
Approx Time: 40 min Serves: 8-10
- 2lb Bag of Uncooked Brussels Sprouts
- 2TBSP Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Place pot of salted water on stove to boil, wash off Brussel Sprouts and trim off the woody ends, set oven to 425 degrees.
- Place trimmed Brussels Sprouts into pot of boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- Drain Brussels Sprouts and rinse off with cold water.
- Place Brussels Sprouts back into empty pot and combine well with olive oil and garlic.
- Spread Brussels Sprouts out on greased cookie sheet and smash them with a potato masher.
- Evenly sprinkle with Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese and generously salt and pepper.
- Place into oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese and tops of Brussel Sprouts are deep golden brown in spots.