Is A Robot Vacuum REALLY One Of The Best Gifts I’ve Ever Gotten? YES!
Posted April 29, 2022 by Prairie Wife -
I know this is a controversial statement…but YES a Robot Vacuum IS one of the best gifts I’ve ever gotten.
And with Mother’s Day coming up soon, I thought I would share with you why I love our Robot Vacuum SO dang much…in case you’ve been on the fence about getting one for yourself (or a loved one).
Normally it’s wise to follow the age-old advice “Never get your wife/mother something that plugs in!”
But in this one instance, I’m going to tell you to forget that rule, though feel free to proceed with caution based on how well you know your wife/mother.
NOTE: I was not paid for this review or compensated in any way.
For years I have been asking The Cowboy for a robot vacuum.
As a mom with 5 kids (and 2 dogs) who lives in rural Wyoming on a dirt road…keeping my floors clean is a constant battle.
While most of the Cowkids and I take our shoes off as soon as we enter the house The Cowboy doesn’t and neither do most of our guests. It doesn’t bother me a bit, since our dogs track in more dirt and mud than anyone’s shoes ever will!
But, between the yuck that comes with our prairie life and the bits of food and paper that seem to always be spread around the house, I felt like I was never able to keep our home looking nice for longer than 10 minutes.
I dreamed of a robot vacuum that would simply take care of it all for me. A technological marvel that would result in more time to enjoy my life, and a feeling of zen when I walked into my home and saw constantly clean floors.
The Cowboy felt that I was doing a good enough job, so why fix it if it isn’t broken?
Thankfully Cowboy W was a good listener and bought me a Shark IQ Robot Self-Empty RV1000S Robot Vacuum for Christmas.
It was right when we were in the middle of our home renovation, so I waited until we were done before getting it all set up.
I’m telling you, it was life-changing!
Here’s what I love about this Robot Vacuum
- It maps out the house so you can choose what rooms you’d like it to clean, or skip.
- It empties itself, so it can handle a large space that gets tons of foot traffic.
- The app messages you if the Robot is stuck so you can go rescue it and get it back to work ASAP.
- This thing is tough. From socks and headphone cords to Barbie hair this thing HAS gotten tangled up in a lot of stuff…and it hasn’t done a bit of damage.
- It’s easy to clean the Robot, no need for screwdrivers or wire hangers.
- It’s fairly quiet, but you can set it to clean when you’re at work if you don’t want to be bothered.
- This one has a setting where it supposedly will NOT accidentally run over dog poop and drag it all over.
- It REALLY works!
Things that can cause problems
- You have to remember to empty the dust cup in the docking container or it won’t get the cleaning done.
- It works better if you have your house picked up, if it’s a mess you may end up spending more time rescuing it from tangles than it is actually cleaning.
I’ve had multiple friends come over recently and comment on how clean our house looks, and give credit to the new Vinyl Plank Flooring we put in.
I know the truth though, it’s the Robot Vacuum.
A few weeks ago it had a large piece of paper snagged in it and I kept forgetting to clean it out.
The result was 4 days in a row of the vacuum not being put to work, and I could definitely tell the difference.
It does great with hair (dog and human) and while we don’t have carpet so I can’t tell you how it does on that, it does go over our bathroom mats with no issues.
Is it pricey?
At $399 for the model I have, I’d say yes…but nowadays a good quality upright vacuum is $200 so it really depends on your household budget if you feel like it’s worth it for you and your family!
There ARE other brands and models out there that cost less, but I can’t tell you how they work compared to this one…
I love this product enough that I’ve been dropping not so subtle hints to The Cowboy that I’d like the one that mops too 😉
What are your thoughts about this? Would you love one…or hate it?
Categories: Product Reviews, Reviews
Tags: , gift ideas for mom, make housecleaning easy, Mother's Day, mothers day gift ideas, robot vacuum, robot vacuums that work, shark robot vacuum, shark vacuums
Previous Post « It Wasn’t Supposed To Be Me
Next Post Preventive Mastectomy: 6 Years Later »