My Top 5 Really?! Moments
Posted July 28, 2014 by Prairie Wife - 6 comments
I am borrowing this concept from an SNL skit called Really!?! With Seth and Amy but I’m sure even if you don’t take the time to watch the clip you’ll pick up on what I’m doing quite quickly. Usually I tend to be pretty easy going, after all with four kids 8 and under I can’t take time to stress about the little things. I mean after all…did I ever really tell Cowboy C not to paint the cat green? But as all women, wives and mothers know there are just some things that make me twitch! Here are a few (in no particular order)…make sure you share some of your Really?! moments with me in the comments section, I’d love to read them!
1. I find it hard to believe that my 6 year old daughter and I are the only ones in this house that know how to replace an empty toilet paper roll with a fresh one. I mean Really?! She is six and she has been doing it for years, YEARS! It must be a genetically handed down skill that only works when you have two XX chromosomes…Really?!
2. As a favor to Cowboy J’s future wife I taught him at 2 years old to go to the bathroom with the seat up and close both lids before he flushed and left the room. Something apparently happens when boys turn 8 in which they forget how to close the lids, or even lift it up first! I mean Really?! You’ve been doing this for 6 years and suddenly you forget how…Really?!
3. I get it; we spend a lot of time in the car, sometimes two hours a day driving back and forth. Because I love you I have given you each a bag of toys (you picked) to keep next to your seat. Yet every few days I hear, “I don’t have anything to play with!” Really?! You have within your reach more toys than some kids have in their whole lives, and you can’t find something to do…Really?! Maybe it’s because instead of taking 1 second to place the toys back in the bag after you are done, you throw them on the ground, resulting in an empty bag and all your toys being out of reach (or broken from being stepped on). Really?! How many times do I have to tell you PUT THE TOYS BACK IN THE BAG…Really?!
4. If one more person looks at my kid and says “Oh sweetie your shoes are on the wrong feet!” and then shoots me a dirty look I am going to have to punch them. I mean Really?! Take a look at my shoes they are on the correct feet (usually), I obviously know my left from my right. This same kid is also wearing sweatpants and a hooded sweatshirt with a tie in the middle of July, do you thinks perhaps he dressed himself? How about saying “good job getting dressed on your own”…Really?!
5. What is it about the sound of my purse sliding onto my shoulder and the jingle of keys that stirs at least one of my children’s colons into action? I mean Really?! I had everyone go to the bathroom 15 minutes before we needed to head out the door, but without fail one of the Cowkids poops just as I am ready to head out the door. Whether it’s in the potty or in a diaper you better believe it’s going to set us back at least 8 minutes. Really?! We would have totally been on time if this hadn’t have happened…Really?!
Don’t forget to share your Really?! moments with me in the comments!
Photo Copyright: creatista / 123RF Stock Photo
Categories: Life As It Happens
Tags: , children, Humour, motherhood, parenting, Prairie Wife Life, really?
Previous Post « Dress that Baby Belly
Next Post Prairie Wife Badge: Cow Milking »
6 thoughts on "My Top 5 Really?! Moments"
The shoes on the wrong feet … Every time! Just start telling people it’s brain developmental and kids who *don’t* do it score below average on their ACTs … and will end up becoming adults who point out that 3 year olds have their shoes on the wrong feet 🙂
I am totally going to use that one next time someone says that to me Dallas! Thanks 🙂
Too funny! I can definitely relate to some of those…I have several myself but one that drives me crazy is when I open the fridge to find the milk carton, tea pitcher, etc with literally a drop in it!! Really?! If it’s not enough for another glass, please don’t put it back in the fridge!!!
Oh that is a good one lol!
My son suddenly has to poop when I say it’s time for chores! And it takes 45 minutes!