Quick and Easy Double Blueberry Muffins
Posted October 15, 2019 by Prairie Wife - 2 comments
Note: Sharing this at the request of readers on Instagram who saw my picture of recently made Double Blueberry Muffins and asked for it 😉
One of my favorite breakfast foods is a Blueberry Muffin.
I like them to be huge, and bumpy, and toasty warm and full of Blueberry flavor.
This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make and is a family favorite.
The Cowkids love to have Blueberry Muffins and yogurt for their breakfast before school, and then have the leftover muffins (I usually make a double batch) for their afternoon snack.
The Cowboy likes to melt some butter on the top and have it with a cup of black coffee. Though, if I’m being truthful his absolute favorite is my banana bread.
Whatever way you eat these, I promise they will be tasty!
Prep: 8 Minutes Bake: 25 Minutes Makes 12 Muffins
3/4 cup of whole milk
1/4 vegetable oil
1 large egg
2 cups flour (whole wheat, white or a mixture)
1/2 cup sugar (1/4 cup more for sprinkling on top)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups of fresh blueberries
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick baking spray
- Beat milk, oil, and egg together
- Stir in flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt
- Add blueberries and stir until just combined
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (I don’t use any paper liners)
- Sprinkle each liberally with sugar
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a few minutes in the muffin tin, then remove