Posted April 18, 2023 by Prairie Wife -
Bumbleberry Pie is Cowboy J’s favorite type of pie!
It’s a BIG hit with the other Cowkids, but it’s safe to say he’s the one that loves it the most.
I found the original recipe in a magazine years ago and have modified it over the years until it’s perfect.
With its mixture of berries, it is more of a tart pie rather than super sweet, so I find it’s best to serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
NOTE: This pie tends to make a mess in the oven when baking, so place a cookie sheet underneath it!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Bake Time: 50 min
Pie Filling Ingredients
16 oz of Raspberries
16 oz of Blackberries
16 oz of Blueberries
16 oz of Strawberries Cut Up
3 Large Apples Cut Up (you can peel if you want)
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
1/4 cup of flour
3/4 cup of White Sugar
Follow this link for my favorite Pie Crust recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine pie filling ingredients and set aside while you make the crust.
- Fill the bottom pie crust with filling, and cover with the top of the pie crust.
- Beat raw egg in a bowl and evenly coat the top pie crust.
- Cut slits in the center top and place in the oven for 50 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and the top is golden.
- Serve warm with Vanilla Ice Cream.
I recommend using one of these pie shields for a perfect crust. It will keep the edges from burning.
Are you looking for more dessert ideas? Try our world-famous chocolate chip cookies!
Categories: Recipes, This and That
Tags: , bumbleberry pie, desserts, homemade pie, pie, pie recipe, recipe
Previous Post « “What Do I Have To Do In Order To Be Worthy?”
Next Post An Object In Motion Stays In Motion… »