Bacon N’ Brussels Sprouts
Posted August 4, 2014 by Prairie Wife - 1 comment
Up until last week I had never had Brussels Sprouts before…I know terrible right?! But as a kid Ma and Pa were more the canned vegetable type and since moving to Wyoming and setting out on my own, I’ve never thought to make them. When visiting one of our past Prairie Wives of the Week Trina Campbell this last weekend, I not only earned a new Prairie Wife Badge but also, I learned how to cook Brussels Sprouts! Make sure you stop by her blog YourInnerCowgirl.com to see some of her amazing recipes and get inspired to try something new! Trina’s recipe was quick and easy and so tasty that I just had to recreate it here at home, with just a few tweaks of my own. Cowgirl G and The Cowboy both had seconds and I had thirds (I didn’t want to leave any leftovers). Let me know how you cook your Brussels Sprouts, I’d love to try some more recipes.
Prep time: 8 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes
4 cups halved Brussels Sprouts
¼ cup finely chopped red onion
1/2lb of bacon
1 clove of garlic finely minced
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Cut Bacon into small pieces and place into skillet to fry on med heat.
2. As the bacon is frying cut off the woody bottom part of each Brussels Sprout and halve.
3. After about 5 minutes of frying the bacon add the Brussels Sprouts, stir them thoroughly, and cover the pan.
4. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add Onions, garlic and salt and pepper, cover the pan.
6. Cook for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. The Brussels Sprouts are done when they are tender but not mushy and a slightly darker green color, serve hot.
Categories: This and That