5 Minute S’mores Brownies
Posted June 17, 2016 by Prairie Wife -
You can all thank this week’s Prairie Wife of the week author Sarai Walker (don’t forget to stop by and enter to win a signed copy of her book) for this recipe. A few weeks ago she posted a pic of some divine S’mores Brownies she had made. I instantly began to crave them, and set about throwing together a batch of my own. Her recipe had the marshmallows on top of the brownies but, when I made ours the topping soon turned into a hard, sticky mess. While they still tasted great, it was a bit of a disaster to eat them. Thank goodness it was bath night for the Cowkids!
I decided that it was my mission to create amazing S’mores Brownies and set out to design a recipe that was the best ever! Below is the result of all my hard work…the perfect low in mess yet high in taste S’mores Brownies. I also promise that these brownies will take you no more than 5 minutes to make. Obviously they take a bit longer than that to bake but, that gives you more time to read Sarai Walker’s book Dietland 😉
Prep Time: 5 minutes Bake Time: 45-55 minutes
Serves: 1-20 (hah)
2 boxes/bags of Brownie Mix (my fav is Betty Crocker Ultimate Chocolate Brownie Mix)
1 sleeve of graham crackers
1 10oz bag of mini marshmallows
1. Turn oven to 375 degrees and spray 13×9 glass pan with nonstick cooking spray
2. Mix brownie mix following directions on the box in a large bowl.
3. Empty the bag of mini marshmallows into brownie mix and combine.
4. Crush the graham crackers up and add them to the mix (I like to keep the chunks bite sized) and combine.
5. Spread the mixture into the pan and even out the top.
6. Place into the oven and bake fro 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes and then try a bite…serve the rest to your family hot or cold 🙂