Posted December 11, 2018 by Prairie Wife -
This is a recipe that we have been using for almost 10 years. I first found it in People Magazine and 100% of the credit goes to my favorite Real Housewife Bethenny Frankel. I’ve made a few changes to the original recipe, but it’s almost exactly the same. I use peppermint extract instead of mint, and I prefer to use a combination of dark and milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet. I usually make two batches of this because it goes so quickly (and it’s my favorite holiday treat) and it keeps perfectly well for over a week when you keep it in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
NOTE: I have tried to melt the chocolate in the microwave instead of a double boiler in the past. It can be done but it never turns out quite as good!
Serves 6 or more
• 1 (11 oz.) bag white chocolate chips
• ½ cup crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
• 1 tsp. peppermint extract
• 8 oz. milk/dark chocolate, melted
1. In double boiler or bowl set over boiling water, melt white chocolate chips. Remove from heat and stir in crushed candy and mint extract.
2. Line a small sheet pan with wax paper. Pour in white chocolate mixture and spread evenly. Refrigerate until firm.
3. Melt bittersweet chocolate and spread evenly over white chocolate layer. Refrigerate until firm. Break into pieces. Store in the refrigerator.