Getting Back Into the School Routine
Posted August 8, 2018 by Prairie Wife - 2 comments
School starts in less than two weeks (what?!) and it’s time for me to start working at getting the Cowkids back into the school routine.
There are a few things we do every year that makes it a bit easier and below is a list of a few things that you can do to help make things run smoothly.
If you want, you can simply watch this video from a segment I did with K2News it has all the tips below…and my facial expressions are something to see 😉
- Start waking the kids up at your regular time for school. They don’t have to be dressed and going…but get them up and out of bed!
- Get those brains working.
- Math, reading for at least 20 minutes, and writing.
- Help strengthen their hands with playdough, coloring, and cutting activities.
- Schedule a back to school shopping day so it happens in plenty of time to order missing items online.
- Create checklists to help them remember what needs to be done daily for school.
- Create a visible family calendar so the entire family knows what’s happening next!
- Have one more big fun activity to celebrate the end of Summer and beginning of the School Year.
Do you have any back to school tips or tricks?