Crock Pot Creamy Tomato and Tortellini Soup
Posted January 12, 2014 by Prairie Wife -
I was inspired to make this recipe last year when I was looking on Pinterest for a vegetarian meal to make for a friend. The original recipe was full of ingredients that I didn’t have in my pantry, or didn’t like. So, I made up my own and it turned out wonderful. Frankly I was surprised that it was such a hit around here, because it doesn’t have any meat! It’s rich, flavorful and filling. I especially love that I can throw it in the crock pot in the morning (it just takes two seconds) and be greeted by the warm zesty smell of soup when I get home from getting the kids from school. Let me know what you add to the recipe to make it your own!
Prep Time 15 minutesCooking time 4-8 hours
32oz of vegetable broth (beef or chicken is fine as well)
2 14.5oz cans of fire roasted tomatoes
2 14.5oz cans of tomato sauce
1 tbs Italian Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1lb mixed cheese tortellini, thawed but uncooked
1pt of heave whipping cream
1. Pour broth, undrained fire roasted tomatoes, and tomato sauce into crock pot.
2. Add Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper and garlic. Let the ingredients simmer in crock pot, stirring occasionally.
3. An hour before serving, add uncooked tortellini, stir well.
4. 30 minutes before serving add 1pt of heavy whipping cream, stir well.
5. Serve warm with mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top and some fresh whole wheat bread.
Previous Post « Prairie Wife of the Week January 10, 2014 (artist Ginny Butcher)
Next Post Baby Pro All in One Baby Food Maker »