Three Bean Crock Pot Chili
Posted December 28, 2013 by Prairie Wife - 4 comments
Serves 8-101-2lb ground Elk (deer, beef or turkey) cooked
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
2 15oz cans of tomato sauce
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 packet of McCormick chili seasoning (I usually use the low sodium version, you can also make your own)
1. Brown the ground meat on the stove, and put it into your crock pot.
2. Drain all 3 cans of beans, and empty them into your crock pot.
3. Put all the other ingredients (do not drain) into your crock pot (I usually add 1 can of water at this point).
4. Close the lid and set the timer on your crock pot for 4-8 hours. If you are cooking your chili in a pot on the stove bring all the combined ingredients to a boil. Then let them simmer for 30min-2hours stirring occasionally.
5. If you feel that the chili is too thick, simply add some more water.