Are You a Hunting Widow? Quiz
Posted September 20, 2014 by Prairie Wife - 8 comments
It’s fall in Wyoming, and we all know what that means….thousands of women will be abandoned by their husbands and become “Hunting Widows.”
Not sure if you qualify? Take our quiz to find out!
1. Beginning on July 1st your husband rushes to the mailbox every day to look and see if he drew his tag. True_ False_
2. There is page in your Will stating clearly what happens to your husband’s firearms. True_ False_
3. The first crisp cool morning in August you wake to see your husband standing on the porch in his long johns starring off into the distance. True_ False_
4. You come home from a girls night out and find your husband and kids sleeping in a tent in the yard, complete with campfire (it was not the kids idea…)True_ False_
5. Every Sunday it is a battle to get your husband out of bed for church, until September, when he is up target practicing at dawn “before the wind picks up”. True_ False_
6. Your husband suddenly takes an interest in the grocery list, adding chili, instant coffee, and dehydrated meals to the list. True_ False_
7. You look over at your husband in late September and notice that his neck has mysteriously begun to swell. True_ False_
8. You know that the above question is funny because when deer and elk rut their necks swell (and you know what it means when an animal ruts). True_ False_
9. For the month of October the main decoration on your fridge is a topographical map of Wyoming, not jack-o-lanterns. True_ False_
10. The Wyoming Search and Rescue number is saved in your cell phone. True_ False_
11. The highlight of your social calendar (according to your husband) is the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation banquet. True_ False_
12. You are aware that Bugle is not a magazine for trumpet players. True_ False_
13. When in doubt you always go with fire arms for your husband’s birthday, Christmas, and Anniversary gifts (and he always talks about what a great gift giver you are). True_ False_
14. Your children know their way around the local Sports store better than the grocery store. True_ False_
15. When having guests over for dinner you always ask them first if they eat wild game. True_ False_
16. You know firsthand that the smell of campfire smoke, blood , and sweat is not an aphrodisiac. True_ False_
17. The only jewelry your husband has ever designed for you is made from an Elk Ivory. True_ False_
18. The main decor of your basement rec room can be described as dead Elk, Deer, and Antelope. True_ False_
19. When the men go missing at your block party you know they can be found gathered in front of the gun safe (most likely drooling). True_ False_
20. Your child’s first hunt was at the age of 2. True_ False_
5 or fewer True-Congratulations! You will still have your husband both physically and emotionally this fall!
6 to 14 True-Your husband is a hobby hunter. Expect to spend no more than two weekends this fall alone. Warning: Too much encouragement of the Hobby Hunter can lead to an eventual upgrade in your status to hunting widow.
15 or more True-My condolences, you are a hunting widow. Expect to be taking care of your family alone from Sept 15th to Thanksgiving. Support groups may be available through your church.
Copyright: <a href=’http://www.123rf.com/profile_mihhailov’>mihhailov / 123RF Stock Photo</a>